When: Sunday, January 29th, 2023 12:00 Noon
Catered meal provided from Rib Crib, Bring Potluck to pass (if desired) & BYOB
(check GHROA facebook page for what to bring)
Where: Community Center & Zoom
GHROA Board of Directors is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: 2023 GHROA OWNERS MEETING
Time: Jan 29, 2023 12:00 Noon Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 902 970 3172
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,9029703172#,,,,*732039# US (Houston)
+12532158782,,9029703172#,,,,*732039# US (Tacoma)
Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 902 970 3172
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kww55Yykl
Aloha friends and neighbors,
Nominations to fill the three (3) upcoming vacancies on the GHROA Board of Directors are due by November 15, 2022 at 5 p.m.
Nomination instructions are outlined below. If you need help, don't hesitate to contact a member of the current board. (email addresses provided below).
Also, if you haven't done so in a while, please visit our website: www.horsemansranchoa.org where you will find all our governing documents, board meeting minutes, and, once logged in, access to budgets and financial reports.
Three (3) seats on the board end in December of 2022:
Three positions on the board draw to an end in December of 2022 so the Board is asking that you submit your nominations to fill these positions. The terms for the following directors are the ones that will end in December of 2022: Lance Minchew and Scott Walker, who served their two-year terms, and Tim Schueller, who served the remainder of the two-year term following the resignation of a previously elected director. Board members Shannon Coutts and Bonnie Larson will remain on the Board for the second year of their terms.
BOD Service Requirements:
- Must be able to place the good of the community first.
- Must be able to attend regular meetings of the board and treat fellow directors with respect.
- Must have access to a computer and the internet and have the ability to monitor emails regularly.
- Must have a working knowledge of the dedicatory instruments, including Texas Property Code 209, the Declaration Of Covenants for Horsemans Ranch Gainesville, Bylaws, and Rules and Regulations.
Who may be nominated:
Per our CC&Rs, any Member/Owner in good standing, who is listed as an Owner on file with the County may nominate any Members/Owners in good standing, who are listed as Owners on file with the County to serve on the board of directors. Also, per our CC&Rs, all Board terms shall be 2-year terms, so you need to make certain that your nominee is prepared to serve a full term. Please remember, open seats are elected to Board membership, not to fill a specific office. Once new directors have been named, the Board will convene to appoint officers. Current directors may be nominated to serve again.
How to nominate someone to the Board of Directors:
1. With the Board Service Requirements in mind, think about who a good representative for the community to the board would be. Your nominee should also be prepared to comply with the GHROA Board of Directors Objectives.
2. Once you have identified your nominee(s), you need to contact that person to ask if they are willing to serve.
3. If they agree, ask them to prepare a short bio for consideration by all Members/Owners. At a minimum, the bio should include their name, their lot number(s), and years of ownership. To further help Members/Owners to cast their vote, the bio should also include information about how the nominee plans to contribute to the Board and its Mission. Bios should not exceed 250 words.
4. Submit your nominations by sending your nominee's bio via email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 P.M. on November 15, 2022
Meet the Candidates:
There will be a “Meet the Candidate” Zoom meeting on Sunday, November 20, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. After all nominations have been received, a new email with the nominee’s bios will be sent to the community, and posted on the website. The zoom link will be posted in the announcements section of the HorsemansRanchOA.org website, and will be sent out via email.
1. The GHROA BOD's has voted to host our election via Simply Voting software. This method simplifies the voting process on both ends while maintaining the highest standards of voting integrity and anonymity. This will be the second year our community will use Simply Voting for the election.
2. Electors will receive one digital ballot per lot owned containing a dedicated elector identification via the email address on file with the owners Association. (Please email the BOD's if you need to update your email address at email@example.com.)
3. The email will clearly describe the steps required to vote. Voting can be completed in a few short minutes via mobile phone, tablet, or desktop computer by following the secure link to access the ballot directly. Owners of more than 1 lot will receive a unique ballot for each lot owned. Please make sure you vote for each lot you own.
4. While we strongly encourage all owners to take advantage of the ease and convenience of digital voting, paper ballots will be provided for those who specifically request the manual voting method. Do so by contacting Shannon Coutts, the GHROA ADHOC member at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please request your paper ballot by November 30, 2022.
5. Should paper ballots be requested, please mail your ballot so GHROA receives it by December 06, 2022. The attached paper ballot procedures will be followed (see attachment).
6. Upon completion of the election at 5p.m. on December 06, 2022, the nominees receiving the three highest number of votes via both voting methods combined will become the new directors to the board.
7. In accordance with the GHROA By-Laws, in the event of a tie, any nominees with a clear majority of votes will be deemed a winner. The nominees who tied will then be placed on a new ballot, and all Owners/Members will vote again using the same method as the original vote. Tie-breaking elections will last 1 week, and a new count will take place. This process will be repeated until a winner is identified.
8. The results of the election will be announced to all present and via zoom. Those not present will be notified via email.
9. There will be a short Regular Meeting of the Board, prior to the Annual Owners’ Meeting in January, where the new directors will take their seats and the Board will nominate the new Officers (dates to follow).
The GHROA Board of Directors
Lance Minchew, email@example.com
Bonnie Larson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott Walker, email@example.com
Tim Schueller, firstname.lastname@example.org
Shannon Coutts, email@example.com
Lance R. Minchew
Team Member (President)